Rubber Buttons

Hello, Yes I am still here.
I have had a busy weekend, the hubby and I have been trying to decide on new floors for the upstairs of our house.
And today our neighbors told us they are having some major work done in their yard and if we wanted some of the azaleas to take them. So today we have been digging up and replanting azaleas all day. ( Hope they do well at their new home.)
In between all this I have been trying to get my camera to take a picture of a couple of buttons so you can read the backmarks on them. So when all else failed I decided to get out the book and read the directions and wa la all I needed to do was push one button two times. That little book sure would have saved me some time if I would have just looked at it in the beginning! ;-)
Anyway for those of you who may not know about the Goodyear Rubber Buttons I am uploading some pictures of them for you. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

                          










Rubber Button 1 front. 


 










Rubber Button Backmark.


                   








Rubber tire button 2 front.




               








Rubber Button 2 Backmark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just enlarged the button picture and noticed the date is 1851 is that correct?

Ask The Nail Tech said...

Yes that is the date on the button. I do love an old button even if they are rubber!

Crafting ideas from the Crafting Nut!

Crafting with beads, antique-vintage sewing buttons, fabric, lace, ribbon, or embroidery design whatever you can think of the sky truly is the limit!